Monday, October 21, 2013

Wonderfully exhausted





Well, this week was insane. It started Monday night when the assistants called us to do exchanges the next day, and I finally got to work with Elder Brown! We had planned to go do house inspections, a new assignment from the mission which is a huge workload in this Zone. So we had to move those to Wednesday and Thursday. We also had to help the sisters in our ward move, and I learned that it is not a good idea to do that in church clothes. Elder Brown and I were already tired. We went out to visit the Castro family, who had given us some unclear doubts about why they didn´t want to come back to church and baptize their 9-year-old daughter. But when we arrived, they didn´t put up any fight at all. It was great! The service was very nice, and two other nine year old girls (one from the sisters, and one from another branch nearby called Eusebio Ayala) were baptized. It shows that the parents need to take a bit more responsibility, but salvation is salvation. I was also very impressed by the fact that all three mothers (none of the inactive fathers came) mentioned that their daughters had made their own decision. The best part might be that the one we baptized is named Milagros--miracles in Spanish. And it truly was.

Elder Brown tried to do the same thing with Emilio, but he is as stubborn as ever. We also ran to look at that big house, but no go. We have had to spend most of our time looking, and we have a deadline of THIS Thursday now! The two missionaries who are coming are going to be Zone Leaders in when the zone splits. 4 Zone Leaders, 2 Sisters, and 1 Couple in the same branch will be crazy. Luckily, we have been able to keep visiting the Melgarejos, who keep progressing, but aren´t sure if they are ready to take the step of faith and get baptized this Saturday. We´ll see what we can to do help them tonight.
Apart from that, my only other news is that Elder Leishman and I sang two primary hymns in Spanish, Guaraní, and English yesterday. He never sang before the mission, but it actually went well. There are also some Russians and Germans in our ward who sing all the hymns in german, so we just have quite the mess of languages. Last week we went to the Basilica and saw the Virgin statue. Interesting. We also got to go in the dome above and see the city. Unfortunately, I had camera problems, as I have been having all my mission, so I will have to find another chance to go back and take pictures, though I have to admit that everything Daniel sent surpasses it by far. I also loved getting pictures from everyone!

It is ridiculously hot and humid, but I have been able to find some old pants that missionaries have left, so I don´t have to wear my suit pants except on Sundays (they are pretty thick and itchy in the humidity). I did use my thermals a lot in the winter month(s), because it got very very cold. But now...I don´t know what to do with it. I do have everything I need, and I am thankful for the blessings the Lord gives us, even when we haven´t had much time to work in our area. One other thing we had to do was make the arrangements for a new missionary we sent home today. He was not prepared for the mission in several ways, but I do feel bad for him. Please pray for him, for me, for the house, for the new converts, for the Melgarejos, for us to find other people to teach, and all the other normal things. I love you all and I am so thankful for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment